SVVC is a bicycle club dedicated to community, adventure, fitness and safety. From beginners who want to learn to ride, to seasoned racers and adventure cyclists. SVVC welcomes anyone and everyone.
Making friends, enjoying time together, telling stories, sharing ideas, and helping the community are core values of SVVC. Our events create great memories, and our inclusive community focus make the joy of riding a bicycle an even greater experience. We’re always looking for new members, and we have a number of volunteer opportunities as well.
We are an evolving group of cyclists who ride or compete in a number of disciplines including Road, Mountain, Cyclocross, BMX, and Adventure Touring. We are mainly a recreational ride club, not a race team, our group is comprised of cyclists of all types and interests: from kids learning to ride, or groups out enjoying a tour, to highly competitive racing individuals and teams competing in and outside of the state.
- Volunteering at community activities
- Hosting a range of cycling events from club rides to large scale events
- Advocating responsible cycling, safety, and fitness
- Connecting the community to our sponsors
Our mission is to create a bicycling community which helps develop and support all levels of recreational, adventure, and competitive cyclists, with the goal to grow the sport and connect to the community through advocacy, education, fitness and adventure.
From BMX to Cycle Cross, Mountain Bike to Road, riders of all disciplines are represented in our club roster. We also strive whenever possible to give back to the community with public events, kids programs, and support of cycling overall.
Coming up for 2018
- Tour de Peaks ride is coming back
- Gigantic Bike Festival will be back, starting and ending at Meadowbrook.
- We’re expanding the training aspect, specifically using Zwift.
- More bonding opportunities, like music, fishing, hiking, skiing.
- Bike/fish trips into the backcountry.
- Tons of more gravel riding, more sufferfests, more scenic pleasure rides, more long solo rides without Strava turned on, more perfect singletrack and most definitely more cowbell! Hup! Hup!
- New member-led club rides
- Discounts on select vendors
- Zwift group rides
- Theme rides, pub runs, wine tasting runs, more to come…
- Club sponsored events